Please join us in celebrating International IPA Day 2016 on the 4th August with the Newark CAMRA IPA Trail, which starts tomorrow (29th July) running through to the 7th August. This year, as usual, we have some crackers lined up for you, including a collaboration between Imperial and Steel City of Sheffield and Reptilian Cervesa Artesenal from Spain. Also noteworthy are Staggeringly Good, as we have some of their first cask beer since opening their new brewery a couple of months ago, plus we are featuring Errant beers for the first time at JBs.
Here’s our list for the festival. We will be offering two IPAs at any time throughout the festival. Hope to see you there!
- Almasty (Shiremoor) – MK7 7%. Strong American IPA, citrus smell with a floral & fruity finish.
- Errant (Newcastle) – Tusk 5.2%. A heavy hitter with a powerful blast of chinook you can taste from the get-go, which turns into a smooth drinkable IPA as you go on.
- Imperial (Mexborough) – Baxend’Ale 4.8%. Pink IPA (slightly under ABV but it IS pink!)
- Staggeringly Good (Portsmouth) – VelociRapture 6.5%. Packed to the cap with American hops, this ale is a delectable beast with a big bite! A rich golden colour carries with it strong aromas of summer fruits. The first taste to hit the palate is grapefruit then an unapologetic bitterness which softens quickly for a refreshing finish!
- Imperial (Mexborough)/Steel City (Sheffield)/Reptilian Cervesa Artesenal (Spain) collaboration – Turkeys Voting for Xmas 8.7%. Double IPA. Totally full-bodied and mega-hopped, this one-off collaboration brew drinks like a 5% so please treat with respect!
Please tag your posts with #IPADay and share the IPA experience!