The Three Tapsters are taking their Personal License Holder exam today.
Heads of Terms drawn up. In our mitts tomorrow.
Provisional website now up. Needs some more pages, but the bones are there.
Momentum is gathering. We have identified another property, made an offer and the lease is being drafted up as I type. To show our commitment, we have to apply to the Council for change of use. Gulp.
Lease being drafted up… Wooohooo!
Well, they’re coming thick and fast now. Landlord of premises plan B has now called to say he doesn’t want us there. We have no plan C, so basically we are back to square one.
Setbacks No.2 & 3
Well, this is getting disheartening. After speaking to the landlord of premisis ‘B’ several times and having lots of positive feedback from him, he has now told us he is having some reservations. Namely that we might not be able to rent the flat above if we convert the shop below into a pub. Reasonable rationale. But, he says he’s still OK with the idea, providing that we can satisfy him that there won’t be a noise problem. Now, how …
Just had a major blow… The landlord of our preferred premises has not accepted our offer on the lease. He thinks it’s too ‘high risk’ for him and that we’ll go bust within the first year, being unable to pay the rent. He could have told us sooner… That’s five weeks we’ve wasted, waiting for his answer. No matter. Think positive, and fall back to plan B. Yes, we did have one! It may have done us some good really …